A Smoke Detector Saved My Life

By Linda Meckler
Do you have a working smoke detector in your home? Have you ever lived through a fire? Have you ever felt bone chilling fear when your fire smoke detector started shrieking? If the answer to any of these questions are yes or no, read on.

I was spending the night at my sister's home a month ago. In the early morning hours, I was suddenly awakened by a shrill alarm. I did not know what the shrieking noise was coming from until I saw my sister and her son walking rapidly into the living room.

Thick black smoke started to fill her home. She immediately called 911 and four fire trucks and a police car were instantly dispatched. We all grabbed our clothes and ran outside.

The fireman said," If you would have stayed in the house four more minutes you all would have been dead and the house would have burned down."

The cause of the toxic smoke fire was the blower motor froze in the furnace and the smoke could not be blown outside and the house filled up with thick black smoke.

The smoke detector saved our lives. My sister had just changed the batteries in her fire alarms. We would have been toast if she had not maintained this simple task.

Ladies and gentlemen if you have a smoke detector that is older than five years in your home or apartment throw it away and purchase a new one. This is what the fire chief conveyed to us. Place new batteries in your fire alarm today.

If you do not have any fire alarms in your house or apartment buy some. They will save your life. They saved mine and my family.

Thank you for reading my article. Feel free to read any of my numerous articles.

Copyright Linda E. Meckler 2007

Linda is the author of her first published book, "Ghost Kids Trilogy. "Christy, 12 and her Brother Brad, 16 moves into an old house on top of a mountain and meet two Ghost Kids.

Then we have a mysterious, magical Blue Vase where Uncle Charlie the villain is trapped. He wants out of the Blue Vase and exchange he will tell Christy and Brad where Pirates' Treasure is Hidden.

Take a walk with Christy and Brad down a dark hall hunting for Pirates" Treasure. You will think were you there right there with them.

Love, Family Values and Charity burst off the pages. http://www.lmeckler.com/

Check out my new 4 E books Titled:

How To Appeal Medical Bills

Appeal and Collections Letters for Medical Providers

Boost Your Self Esteem and Blossom

Computers Cause Pain on my website http://www.lmeckler.com/store

Check out my website http://www.lmeckler.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Trends For 2009

How Do You Cook Hamburgers on a Grill?

How to Make a Gourmet Chocolate Gift Basket