A Convection Oven That Makes You Say "WOW!" - Delonghi AD1079

By Jenn Johnson

Not exactly sure what a convection oven is all about? That is how I felt before I bought the Delonghi AD 1079. As I researched convection ovens, I learned that it has high speed fans that circulate air around your food. This circulating air speeds up cooking time up to 20-40% and creates more even cooking. Since I am a mother of four and deal with lots of leftovers and meals that have to be kept warmed for kids to get home from an event and that sort of thing, I decided to try it out. The model I chose to try was in the middle to upper price range. The pizza function and rotisserie features intrigued me so I went for it.

I have been very pleased with this addition to my kitchen and am actually surprised at how much I use it. Since I try to avoid using my microwave, the Delonghi AD1079 is used the most for warming up leftovers, melting butter, and keeping waffles and pancakes warm before we eat. I also love to do baked potatoes in the convection oven. It comes with a variety of different pans and racks that are very useful. Clean-up has been very easy. The interior has a DuraStone interior which makes for easier clean-up and better heat distribution. It reheats leftovers one hundred time better than a microwave. Nothing is soggy. I love using it for keeping food warm before a meal. I struggle with timing out all my food for a meal to be ready at the same time. Now I can just throw it in the convection oven and it keeps it warm until mealtime. This convection oven also makes great rotisserie chicken. The rotating spit keeps that chicken moist. I was surprised at how easy it was. Pizza crusts turn out perfect. It also does not heat up my whole kitchen like my oven does. There are two tiers so you can have to levels of cooking going on at the same time. This convection oven has really been fun and useful to have. I encourage you to branch out and try a convection oven if you haven't already.

To have a balanced perspective, I must share a few of the drawbacks. This convection oven is not for you if all you are looking to do is toast one or two pieces of toast or pop in a bagel in the morning. This is a convection oven, not a toaster oven. Convection ovens are more geared for light cooking. You could toast up to nine pieces of toast at a time in a convection oven, but to do one or two, would take too long. When I bought my AD 1079, I was disappointed because the middle rack slipped out of the grooves occasionally. I was able to fix this problem, but it was disappointing non the less. This convection oven has 1.1 cubic feet of capacity. It is very big and does great for my big family. However, I suggest you assess your needs to see if you can get by with a smaller one and save on counter space. The drawbacks for this model of convection oven are few, but definitely something to consider.

I have found the Delonghi AD 1079 to be a great addition to my home and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to add a convection oven to their home. It is well worth the money.

Did you find this review on the Delonghi AD1079 helpful? Jenn specializes in toasters and toaster ovens. She advises: A convection oven in your kitchen may be just the thing to help take some of the hassle out of your meal prep. You can learn a lot more about toasters and toaster ovens at http://www.mytoastershop.com

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Trends For 2009

How Do You Cook Hamburgers on a Grill?

How to Make a Gourmet Chocolate Gift Basket