Egg Nog Recipe

One of my hobbies is I enjoy cooking and finding new and exciting recipes. I learned how to cook from my mother in New Orleans. She taught me to make wonderful main dishes, desserts, salads, and beverages. During the holiday season, she always had enough food to feed the neighborhood. We had a big family but she always had too much food. I am forever grateful for all I learned from her.

As we approach the holiday season, this is a favorite drink that we prepare every year for our Christmas party. This is a recipe which you want to think ahead and prepare in anticipation of your parties.

This beverage is best served cold. I rarely see any guest drinking this beverage hot, but I am sure if you zap it in the microwave it will taste just as good. this is a potent beverage which if you are not careful, you will definitely need a designated driver. I am not a drinker myself, but friends tell me this can sneak up on you because it tastes so good and goes down smooth. You won't know you had too much until later. Enjoy in moderation like I do!

Egg Nog

I dozen eggs

1 lb powdered sugar

1 quart bourbon

1 quart Brandy

1 pint rum

1 qt whipping cream

2 quarts half and half

1 gallon whole milk

3 one gallon plastic containers

Separate egg yolks and beat until thick

Add brandy, bourbon,and rum to egg yolks

Mix powdered sugar and whole milk  and half and half and add to mixture

Whip egg whites and fold with whipped cream into the mixture

Put into 3 gallon containers and refrigerate for 3 weeks prior to serving

Shake containers often to mix egg nog

I am a Board Certified Ophthalmologist who has been in practice for 30 years.

http://www.eyedoctornewsletter.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Trends For 2009

How Do You Cook Hamburgers on a Grill?

How to Make a Gourmet Chocolate Gift Basket