Why My Bosch Mixer is (Surprisingly) My Favorite Wedding Gift

By Katie Feuz

Who doesn't love receiving gifts, especially wedding gifts? Completely forgetting about ours until we arrived home from our honeymoon, my husband and I returned to an unwrapping frenzy that could rival Christmas. We were rather amazed at all the beautiful (expensive) things we actually received. Back when we were engaged, part of the fun when we were registering was being able to pick out whatever our little hearts desired, and we desired quite a few things we didn't think anyone would actually buy. One of those things was my Bosch mixer.

Added as a side-note and completely on a whim, I picked out the mixer for no particular reason, other
than I figured every kitchen had to have a mixer, even if it was only for aesthetic purposes. So I was rather surprised when we actually received the mixer, and even more amazed to find out it would quickly become my favorite wedding gift in a rather interesting way.

I used to hate cooking, though hate seems much too subtle of a word. I actually loathed cooking. More so than having no ability to cook (which my pride deferred me from ever thinking that was the case), was I just did not enjoy it. It always seemed to be too much work, take too much time, and make too big of a mess. Bless my husband for marrying me despite the fact that he knew he was probably doomed to a life of TV dinners and take out.

However, with a little reluctant experimentation (encouraged by my nutrient starved husband), my shiny new Bosch mixer quickly exposed me to the enjoyable and often simple world of cooking. Starting with very easy and amateur recipes, I slowly began to bake and cook and soon was making homemade meals every night. Who knew a simple kitchen appliance could change such a hardened view of this domestic pastime?

There are quite a few reasons the mixer turned me on to cooking; not only does the mixer have a stylish, compact design, it also has a clean shape and polished colors that complement and enhance my kitchen (a very important feature given my perfectly coordinated house). Aesthetics aside, the mixer is easy to use and clean (very important to this newly converted cook). With the numerous optional attachments and accessories, the mixer can be customized to fit your own cooking needs and skills, no matter how minimal they may be. My newest kick is making bread, an area of baking where Bosch mixers have become very well-known and renowned. The powerful motor can knead up to six loaves of bread evenly and quickly without overheating.

I know this may sound ridiculous, perhaps even foolish but the mixer has revolutionized my way of thinking when it comes to cooking. Who would have thought a simple kitchen mixer could change a self-proclaimed cooking failure into a domestic baking machine. You should certainly try one for yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Trends For 2009

How Do You Cook Hamburgers on a Grill?

How to Make a Gourmet Chocolate Gift Basket