How to Use a Slow Cooker - Simplify Your Life

By Andrea Kalaydjian

People believe that a slow cooker is to be used during winter. Yes, they think it is used to cook comfort food during cold winter days. Yes, that is true, but you can use the crock pot throughout the year, and your life will be so much simpler.

Below I list some of the benefits of using one:

1. Slow cookers do not warm up your kitchen. So in summer when it is hot out there, you can actually give a rest to your oven and stove, and get your slow cooker out. It will keep your kitchen cooler.
2. The meal preparation time is shorter. You can actually prepare a meal within 40 minutes. Then you just leave your meal cooking and carry on with your day. When supper time comes, your meal will be ready without any unnecessary stress.
3. It is so simple to use it, that even your husband can do it for you. So if you need to sleep out of town for one night, just leave the recipe and the slow cooker out. When you return home the following day, and open the door, you will be able to smell the delicious dish that your husband has prepared for you.
4. It is easy to clean and in general you will have only one pot to clean.
5. It uses less electricity than a conventional oven or stove.
6. You can get a crock pot with a timer, to start cooking at a certain time.
7. It has a low and high setting, so if you want to accelerate things you could use the high one.

To summarize, a slow cooker is a great appliance to have in your kitchen.

When I did not have any children, cooking was not my priority, so I just got home from work and decided on what to eat for supper. Since having children, my days got shorter, and I am always looking for ways to simplify the cooking duties. I now enjoy cooking. My cooking time has been reduced and I can use my time more productively. Read more to learn how I did it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Trends For 2009

How Do You Cook Hamburgers on a Grill?

How to Make a Gourmet Chocolate Gift Basket